Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Remain

I have picked up a book that belonged to my mother, Return by Elder Robert D Hales. I started reading it and fell in love!


One of the best Christmas gifts ever was to receive my very own copy!!!

Now with 8 months passing I have picked it up again.


"We have to understand that our hopes, dreams, and aspirations may not be fulfilled in our lives. Both our successes and our failures are the maturing moments in our life. What we learn from theses experiences shapes our perspective. there are many reasons for our not achieving all of the goals we set for ourselves. Our goals may be unrealistic and beyond our mental, physical, or emotional capabilities. Or our goals may conflict with the natural evolution of circumstances around us, such as world events, social interactions, or the choices of others that are beyond our control."

I wanted to be a professional dancer.... now I am having knee surgery Nov 29Th
I wanted to be a Interior Designer.... now I am a Professional Technical Teacher
I wanted to be a Mother.... now I am a Single, Independent, Career Woman

"There will be times in your lives when things don't go as we plan, but the Lord's plan is greater than we can even dream. When disappointments come into our lives, it is well to remember that we should learn from our experiences, both successes and failures, and be grateful for being able to move joyfully forward with faith and hope."


Real vs. Ideal

Customize to suit me

How am I going to celebrate my goals?
How do I know I've reached a goal?


I AM A TEACHER OF STUDENTS


I am posting to anchor deeper within my untapped potential


My commitment is important


3 comments:

Glenda said...

love ya Kim. Good to see ya post how you feel. Things can always change again. See ya soon.
dad

Kambria said...

Kim you are so teachable and humble and wonderful and smart and so BEAUTIFUL! Love you.

Kelsey Peterson said...

ooo! That is a book I want to read too but I need to finish continuous atonement first.
Good quotes and I am glad that you could find them and apply them to your life.
They apply to me too, and they are all things we need to accept in our lives.