Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Marks

I have been thinking A LOT about the AToneMENT of Christ.

I read an article from Bruce R. McConkie:
"I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears"

I remember working out in Nauvoo one summer and the Visitor Center sister spoke in church.


WHY did Christ KEEP the marks in His hands and feet after He was resurrected with a perfect body?



TO REMIND HIM OF US!



I find myself asking.... what "spiritual" marks do I have to remind me of my Savior?


My Mark of the Atonement




On my mission, my trainer and I decided that we wanted to become better acquainted with our Redeemer... so we started what was called a "Savior Journal"


In here we wrote down poems, hymns, songs, scriptures, quotes, thoughts, letters, pictures, anything that helped us know Him better.


That Journal is complete and it is one of my most cherished piece of material.


NOW I am starting a AToneMENT journal.

2 comments:

Kaycee Suzanne Allred said...

OOOO I really need to start a Journal. That sounds so wonderful that "Savior Journal" I should start one. I would like to see it some time. Good luck with your new journal too! Your so awesome!!

Kelsey Peterson said...

Did you ever finish that book Continuous Atonement? I am still reading piece by piece and I LOVE it. Seriously I feel like he's speaking from my own brain but he found the words faster and said it the right way because I always am afraid I'm not making sense.
What's funny is Lance is a young men's teacher and he is teaching out of Preach my Gospel and he was showing me his mission study journal and pointed out the same question of why he kept the marks it was a little crazy seeing it here on your blog.