Tuesday, July 5, 2011

now I know

" over the years, the whisperings from the Lord have guided me and reassured me. they give me, from time to time, in the words of the Prophet Joseph, sudden strikes of ideas and occasionally the pure flow of intelligence.... these are inward things, often taking the form of a directing phrase. I have found that the Lord gives more instructions than explanations." ~Neal A Maxwell

Thanuja and I checked something off my list the other day..... see the sun rise and set on the same day. It was remarkable! Words wont even being to tell the thoughts and feelings that were displayed... all I can say is one will know the true meaning of life when you see the sun rise and set on the same day!



I learned something about myself that day.

I use to think I never got solid answers from the Lord with all my petitions. I never asked if I should do this or that. If this was good or that...there never was a yes or no.
I just did what I thought was good.


its how I feel afterwards which becomes my answer.
I never realized it till that night sitting on the hill by the Rexburg temple watching the sun hide behind the Rocky Mountains in the west.

what a powerful moment. that will forever be a sacred place for me... there are two other spots that are sacred to me.

A good friend of mine told me.... "its amazing that the Lord trusts us enough to let us choose and do what we think is best, but that He is also there to open our minds and help us as we work step by step so that we don't forget important things."

1 comment:

Kaycee Suzanne Allred said...

That sounds like an amazing experience! How neat! What are your other two favorite spots that are sacred to you? That is a neat thing your friend said!