Thursday, May 5, 2011

go

"OH THE PLACES YOU WILL GO"


we did a poster for one of my classes and this was the theme from Dr. Seuss


I've been thinking about all the places I have been and what I have experienced!


Ive put my travels into a puzzle.

Analogy....

Life is like a puzzle, the Lord has all the pieces therefore he can see the bigger picture!

Our task is to go and give others our puzzle piece so they may see the bigger picture.



I always wanted a world map, so that I may stick pins on the places I have been... but


its the people that tell about my journey not the place.


Its been neat to see the picture come together as I gather the puzzle pieces from those that I associate with during my travels.


those who read this I would love to collect your puzzle piece and add it to my perspective.


this is a chance for you to read your heart


St. Augustine once said, "The world is like a book and those you do not travel read only a page."



Question

How many pages am I reading today?








2 comments:

Kayla and Aaron Stewart said...

I think we talked about my puzzle piece but it is hard for me to know the thing that I give to others! Do I just not think positively about myself? I know there have been many times when people have opened up to me and it has surprised me enough that I don't know what to say to them except be supportive...does that make me a good listener? I don't think so because I tend to forget so much...idk

Dollie Mae said...

I love this, Kim! I agree... its the people that tell about my journey, not the place. I've often been tempted to put together collages with pictures of the people I've met in my travels, because they are the ones I remember...

It is funny... as a missionary, there are many experiences where I talked to someone random on the street and felt the Spirit so strongly as we talked... whether it was because of their kindness, or because I felt an unexplainable connection to them, or simply because I felt the words being spoken for me. But in many of those circumstances, I remember the experiences much better than people I taught for a long period of time. I think the connections we have with other people are more important than anything else on this earth besides the gospel itself, and I feel very blessed to have met the people I have. I feel that each of them has changed me, even if I can't necessarily remember their faces or names.

I've found that even throughout my daily travels this is true. I'll remember the smile a stranger game me walking home from school, or the kind words of someone in a class. It is often what I can connect with in my brain to even remember what I've done that day. People make all the difference.

Well, I'm done with my soapbox.(O: Haha. But thanks for this thought.