Sunday, March 3, 2013

LIFE

I read once...

making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life"

I got thinking

Am I living or am I making a living?
Do I know what my life is like?
Do I even like my life?
Are my day to day actions creating a life for me or a living?

of course I looked in the dictionary...

LIFE ~ the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects
LIVING ~ the means of maintaining life 

Our life is like a ball game. Sometimes things get going rough so you call a 'time out' to get reorganized or regrouped, to ask the coach for advice and help. Sometimes our lives get rough and things go wrong so we need to call 'time out' and pray to our Heavenly Father for guidance.

A little boy was trying to lift a big rock. His dad came and asked his son if he was using all his strength. The boy said, 'Yes, but I still can't move it'. The dad said to his son, 'Then you're not using all your strength, because you haven't asked me'.


1 comment:

Kambria said...

This quote kind of summed up why I have been feeling down. I am just earning money for bills instead of helping others and spending quality time with my family. So I try to remind myself that this is a season of work and that I can spend quality time with my babies when Kent is done with school. Thank you for your kind words and support. I love you, Kimmy!