Sunday, September 11, 2011

Secondary Teaching

I visited my family during Labor Day Weekend and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

As I was saying my goodbyes, my Grandpa Barnes gave me some needed counsel.
I always look forward to hear what grandpa has to say. Its also a childhood memory I have. I tell people often that my Grandpa Barnes in a man I highly respect and will admire to the ends of the earth! But the thing I am grateful for the most is he NEVER hesitates to Share his lessons of life with us, his grand kids.

My grandpa asked if my experience with student teaching was CHALLENGING. When I answered "it is" He said~ Good it means you are growing.

Ive been thinking about his question and statement.

What if I thought I wasn't ready to grow?

Couldn't there be another "challenge" for me instead of this one?

How does the Lord know I am ready to grow?

What is it that says "HEY, I'M READY TO GROW"?

Do I really NEED to grow?

What is wrong with me right now?

How much more can one person grow?

What am I growing into?

Will I be satisfied with the outcome?

What if I'm growing in the wrong direction?

Is this the growth that I see is needful for me?

Couldn't I just be complacent for a little longer?


I have never blamed the Lord for anything! I have ALWAYS prayed that I would do what He NEEDED me to do. I have committed myself to His will forever. I have held my chin high knowing confidently that I am living my life in a pleasing manner to my Heavenly Father and Elder Brother. I have 100% trust that who I am now, what I am doing now, and why I am the way I am.... is because I allow the Atonement of Jesus Christ to be engraved into my soul.


but


I feel as if I am walking blindly by faith.

I don't have a vision of what my outcome of life is.

There is light at the end of the tunnel but I can barely see it.


why the two sides?

why the opposition in my need to know?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

dad... glad you had a good time while at home. Love to see you.

Kambria said...

That is quite a conviction/testimony and I admire you so much Kimmy!